Over a decade isn't short term...it isn't like the GOP hasn't had 8 years to fix it with a congress that would OK anything the president did.
Over a decade isn't short term...it isn't like the GOP hasn't had 8 years to fix it with a congress that would OK anything the president did.
...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sup-rbeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Over a decade isn't short term...it isn't like the GOP hasn't had 8 years to fix it with a congress that would OK anything the president did. </div></div>
wht did the dems take control of congress?
Make it 7 years then...regardless Bush could have asked for John the Baptist's head on a plate during those years and someone in the GOP congress would've found it, dug it up, and brought it to Washington...so it isn't an excuse..they could have undone anything previous administrations did. You can't dodge the fact this whole economy collapse happened on their watch.
...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....
It had been picked up under his watch at the beginning of his term as well, after showing signs in 2000 of a recession. Ebb and flow, ebb and flow. Its the way the economy has always been no matter who is in office.
"Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08
Ebb and flow is OK...not being able to afford to live isn't. We are fixin to realize what folks did after Hoover left office. Hopefully we can find a leader like FDR that doesn't care to break the law and step on toes as long as it is for the common good.
...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hopefully we can find a leader that doesn't care to break the law and step on toes as long as it is for the common good. </div></div>
Sorry but that comment scears the CRAP out of me
Doesn't scare me as bad as a depression as bad as the one that ended the 20's. FDR didn't exactly go by the book...but he got the job done.
...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sup-rbeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ebb and flow is OK...not being able to afford to live isn't. We are fixin to realize what folks did after Hoover left office. Hopefully we can find a leader like FDR that doesn't care to break the law and step on toes as long as it is for the common good. </div></div>
With thinking like that, there is no hope for this country.
[IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]
I might be on crack, but aren't the Dems who now control congress trying to pass another gas tax as we speak???
Need A Penny? Take A Penny...Need 2 Pennies? Get A Job!!!
[img]http://content.clearchannel.com/Photos/sports_photos/College/Football/james-davis-GI.jpg[/img]
The only problem I see with your statement is that even FDR realized the only way to get our economy rolling again was to get involved in the war. FDR's "New Deal" was actually faltering until the war. People still weren't get any work.
The same thing has happened with the war in Irag and Afghanistan, it is just that the media has constrained the military in their mission that it can't do its job.
Bookmarks